Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0
How does “almost perfect” become “perfect?” It’s simple. You take a wildly popular striker-fired pistol like the original M&P, preserve the features that made it an instant classic, and make a number of key improvements based on input from devotees and critics alike. The results, the Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0.
First and foremost is a new trigger that’s crisper and lighter, with tactile and audible reset…so you can hear and feel it through the frame. The grip has been redesigned with the proven 18-degree grip angle, offering a more natural point of aim. You’ll notice that the beavertail is less pronounced, resulting in a higher grip that puts more “meat” behind the bore axis, reducing muzzle lift and keeping you on target. The grip has been overhauled with much more aggressive texturing for more confident hold, and now includes 4 interchangeable palmswell grip inserts compared to the 3 that came with the original M&P.
Inside, the rigid embedded stainless steel chassis has been extended, reducing flex and torque when shooting. S&W also shaved a little material off the slide, reducing weight by a few ounces, and coated it in Armornite® corrosion-resistant finish, another upgrade over the original.
Same controls, same life-and-death reliability…but undeniably better in a few key areas. It’s a Pistol that feels and fires like a next-gen model should! This model features an ambidextrous thumb safety.
- Ambidextrous thumb safety
- “Backwards-compatible” with the original M&P’s magazines and holsters
- New trigger assembly lightens the trigger pull weight while adding an audible, tactile reset
- High grip-to-bore axis makes the M&P pistol more comfortable to shoot, reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Proven optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- 4.25″ stainless barrel with 1:10″ twist for top accuracy
- Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach: S, M, ML, L
- Steel skeleton under the polymer makes it much more rigid, reducing flex and torsion and helping to mitigate recoil
- Thinner slide with new ArmorniteTM finish for enhanced corrosion resistance
- Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
- Includes two 17-rd. magazines
ALL BACKED BY SMITH & WESSON LIFETIME SERVICE POLICY.